We are happy to help LB Gschwandtner with her very first Facebook Live event as a way to promote her latest novel, The Other New Girl which was recently a recommended read on the Today Show’s Holiday Reading List! She will be reading an excerpt from the novel and answering questions from readers. We spent some time this week making sure she was set up technically and comfortable with the process. Tomorrow is the big day, and we can’t wait. Please join us at 1pm on Wednesday 12/20 on her Facebook Page.
Why do we encourage authors to use Facebook Live?
- Facebook Live is an efficient way to connect with your readers and attract new ones by providing a face-to-face experience with you. You can meet each other without anyone having to leave their home or office!
- You can conduct a quick Facebook Live to share excerpts of your book while you are writing it. Use it as a tool for sharing sneak peaks of your works in progress, and gather feedback along the way. Don’t wait until your book us published to build a fan base.
- Facebook Live is so much quicker than writing a blog post and much more engaging. Rather than beat yourself up for not writing a blog post for six months, hop on Facebook Live to share those thoughts thoughts, experiences, and bits of writerly wisdom.
- Facebook Live let’s you save your recording so it can get even more mileage from your live event. In fact, don’t be surprised if you get the majority of your views and comments on the recorded event. That’s ok!
- It’s much more intimate than most social media options. This is a social media tool that allows people to get to know you as an author and person. The more they feel connected with you, the better chance you have of converting them into loyal, book-buying fans.